After a hard workout, you have this golden window to refuel, and I love a great-tasting recovery shake. The best part is this recovery shake can also serve as your once-a-day supplement routine if you hate taking pills.
The shake is from SwissRX and is called Total Recovery. It reminds me of the day I first tried Maurten and said, "Wow, this is going to be game-changing."
We have many recovery shakes at The Feed, but they only go so far as stuffing you with carbs and protein. Refueling is essential, but that is just the starting line for the Total Recovery shake.
I'm not sure I'm supposed to share this, but last summer, before the Tour de France, we sent 10 tubs of Total Recovery to four-time Tour de France champion Chris Froome, who loves Total Recovery.
Total Recovery is a complete post-workout protocol for managing inflammation so you can recover faster the next day. It is so packed with ingredients like ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid), and Quercetin, it can also server as a great daily supplement routine with the benefit of not having to take a single pill, just a delicious shake a day.
Swiss RX's formula is unique in the market:
- It refuels you with brown rice protein, which is less inflammatory for most athletes.
- It combines Turmeric, Quercetin, and Bee Propolis to reduce inflammation directly
- It repairs post-workout gut damage with a large dosage of L-Glutamine, which also helps reduce systemic inflammation
- It supports healthy immune functions, so you don't get any immune overreactions.
- The best part is that the shakes taste great. It is getting 5 ⭐️ reviews for taste from all our athletes.
Swiss RX Total Recovery comes in 3 delicious flavors:
🍦 Vanilla Chai
🍫 Chocolate Mint
Due to the spare-no-expense SwissRX takes to the ingredients, this formula comes at a cost.
Make it even more special with these fun additions:
- Add five whole strawberries 🍓 to the Strawberry Shake.
- Add a scoop of Almond Butter 🥜 to the Vanilla Chai or Swiss Chocolate.
- My personal favorite is that I ALWAYS add a scoop of Thorne Creatine for a performance and mood boost.
- As well as a scoop of SwissRX Collagen for helping protect and rebuilt soft-tissue.
P.S. I forgot to add what Dr. Kevin Sprouse (E.F. Pro Cycling Team Doctor, currently at the Tour de France) shared with me about Total Recovery Shake:
"I'm always looking for a good recovery product for my athletes, and it seems like I can never quite find that perfect option. Some have too few carbohydrates, while others have too much. The same can be said of protein content. Total Recovery ticks all the boxes for me. It has the right mix of macronutrients, in addition to some very thoughtful supplementary contributions, all of which will serve to help my athletes recover and prepare for the following day's training or competition." - Dr. Sprouse.