What we think
Näak was born in Canada with one mission: build the most efficient and sustainable fuel for endurance sports.
The problem they set out to solve
“Gastrointestinal issues are the first/main cause of DNF (Did Not Finish) in ultra trail races.” When the founders of Näak started to race ultra marathons, they discovered that many nutrition products were inadequate. The ideal nutrition product didn't exist, in their opinion. So they created the Näak Ultra Energy™ science to solve their problem.
The technology they developed is based on three pillars:
- A mix of both simple and complex natural carbohydrates – no sugar crash and long-lasting energy
- Complete and sustainable proteins with natural BCAAs – reduce muscle fatigue and optimize your glycogen stores
- A blend of real electrolytes – replenish minerals lost in sweat and prevent cramping
The Salted Soup
This recipe is a special blend of their Drink Mix and –quite honestly– unlike anything we’ve seen. It’s made with salty vegetable broth flavor and upcycled ingredients and can be used either hot or cold.
- 250 calories: get all your calories in a liquid form
- 55g carbohydrates: simple and complex natural carbohydrates
- 1100mg electrolytes: replenish minerals lost in sweat and prevent cramping
- 1300mg BCAAs: prevent muscle breakdown during exercise
- 8g protein: all essential amino acids to reduce muscle fatigue
Why you'll love it:
Fuel your ultra distance: Made for racing ultras with no sugar crash.
No GI discomfort: Get all your calories in a liquid form.
Complete nutrition: Combines the benefits of solid and liquid nutrition.
Salty taste: A taste of miso and vegetable soup, to cut the sweetness.
How to Use It:
Add a packet to 500ml of water (warm or cold) and shake well. If warm, be careful about the pressure build-up. Drink 1 serving for each hour of exercise or mix it into your plan along the way, specifically for your bigger training days on the bike or on the trails.