What we think
Näak was born in Canada with one mission: build the most efficient and sustainable fuel for endurance sports.
The problem they set out to solve
“Gastrointestinal issues are the first/main cause of DNF (Did Not Finish) in ultra trail races.” When the founders of Näak started to race ultra marathons, they discovered that many nutrition products were inadequate. The ideal nutrition product didn't exist, in their opinion. So they created the Näak Ultra Energy™ science to solve their problem.
The technology they developed is based on three pillars:
- A mix of both simple and complex natural carbohydrates – no sugar crash and long-lasting energy
- Complete and sustainable proteins with natural BCAAs – reduce muscle fatigue and optimize your glycogen stores
- A blend of real electrolytes – replenish minerals lost in sweat and prevent cramping
Ultra Energy Puree
Experience the Ultra Energy™ system from Näak in a unique semi-liquid format. Savory, comforting, and packed with long-lasting energy, it’s like an adult athlete’s baby food.
The Ultra Energy™ Puree is specifically calibrated for ultra-endurance activities. Easier on your gut than an energy gel, much more complete as a fuel source, and more digestible than an energy bar. The Puree has a lovely taste and the “baby food” texture will keep your stomach happy during your training and races while providing something different.
- 200 calories: provides long-lasting energy
- 325mg electrolytes: replenishes minerals lost in sweat
- 26g carbohydrates: avoids sugar crashes
- 5g protein with natural BCAAs: reduces muscle fatigue
Why You’ll Love It:
Complete nutrition: Everything you need to fuel your ultra.
Baby food texture: Designed to be easily ingested.
Low glycemic index: Delivers long-lasting energy.
Savory taste: Mitigates sugar fatigue.
Upcycled and organic ingredients: Built for sustainability.
How to Use It:
We suggest one of these per hour (or combined with other fuel as needed) in your long events and big training days. They’re a bit thicker so you may want to combine with fluid as needed!