What we think
Näak was born in Canada with one mission: build the most efficient and sustainable fuel for endurance sports.
The problem they set out to solve
“Gastrointestinal issues are the first/main cause of DNF (Did Not Finish) in ultra trail races.” When the founders of Näak started to race ultra marathons, they discovered that many nutrition products were inadequate. The ideal nutrition product didn't exist, in their opinion. So they created the Näak Ultra Energy™ science to solve their problem.
The technology they developed is based on three pillars:
- A mix of both simple and complex natural carbohydrates – no sugar crash and long-lasting energy
- Complete and sustainable proteins with natural BCAAs – reduce muscle fatigue and optimize your glycogen stores
- A blend of real electrolytes – replenish minerals lost in sweat and prevent cramping
Ultra Energy Drink Mix
Fuel your ultra efforts on liquid energy. Näak Ultra Energy™ Drink Mix provides 250 calories per 500ml of water. Fast-acting and easy to ingest, it provides all the nutrients you need to race on your biggest days. They don’t shy away from making it apparent that these are made for your “ultra” efforts.
Developed with pro athletes, Näak Ultra Energy™ Drink Mix is the first drink mix that provides complete proteins (EAAs) and BCAAs. Focused on supporting the needs behind long/big efforts, preventing the degradation of muscle fibers, and supporting your body during a long effort, Näak is more than just a hydration mix.
- 250 calories: get all your calories in a liquid form
- 55g carbohydrates: simple and complex natural carbohydrates
- 650mg electrolytes: replenish minerals lost in sweat
- 1300mg BCAAs: prevent muscle breakdown during exercise
- 8g protein: all essential amino acids to reduce muscle fatigue
Why you’ll love it:
Portable size: On-the-go packets for quick, easy hydration.
Fuel your ultra distance: Made for racing ultras with no sugar crash.
No GI discomfort: Get all your calories in a liquid form.
Complete nutrition: Combines the benefits of solid and liquid nutrition.
Light and refreshing: Less sweet than other drink mixes.
How to Use It:
Add a packet to 500ml of water and shake well. Drink 1 serving for each hour of exercise, specifically for your bigger training days on the bike or on the trails.