What we think
Let’s face it- applying sunscreen sucks, especially for athletes. It’s either a thick gunk of goo that leaves you sticky and stinky OR it’s so oily and slick you’re as slippery as fish after applying. Either way, most sunscreens will clog your pores (which affects your ability to sweat!), sting your eyes, and irritate your skin, especially if you have sensitivities…
Of course, NOT wearing sunscreen isn’t an OPTION either- especially for us endurance runners and riders who spend hours on the trails in the hot sun. None of us want to look (and feel) like a boiled lobster at the end of our training, be covered in wrinkles and age spots, or increase our risk of skin issues.
So what do we do?
The solution is to find a performance-focused sunscreen that goes on easy, let's you sweat, and will make all the difference in your outdoor training. But, finding a sunscreen that checks all the boxes for athletes is like finding a needle in a haystack. So far, we’ve come across just one sunscreen that’s actually up to the job. This is why we're so excited to be
Zealios Sun Barrier SPF 45
When it comes to sunscreen, What it DOESN’T do is just as important as what it DOES. Here’s a quick rundown of everything you get (and don’t get) with Zealios Sport Performance Sun Barrier:
- 8% micronized Zinc Oxide with other active ingredients
- Filters 98% of the harmful UVA & UVB rays that cause skin damage
- FDA's highest water resistance rating (80 minutes)
- Dries completely clear with no chalky or greasy residue
- Unscented and paraben & oil-free
- Easy on sensitive skin, won't clog pores and feels like a light lotion
- Won't sting eyes, can be worn above the eyeline
- 3 oz. tube
- Designed & tested by top professional athletes to perform.
- Zinc-based to physically block the sun's rays and long-lasting with the FDA's highest water resistant rating.
- This product is vegan and cruelty-free.
Sun Barrier will stand the test of the hottest days, sweatiest adventures and toughest elements. And the best part, it feels like a light lotion - no white or chalky residue.
How to use:
Zealios recommends to apply liberally 15 minutes before you head out into the sun. Reapply after 80 minutes swimming or sweating, immediately after towel drying and/or every 2 hours.