SwissRX Buffered Vitamin C
What we think
I've found one of the most under talked about problems facing endurance athletes are gut-related issues. Most athletes tend to keep it to themselves, or worse, if they do bring it up, they're dismissed by their coaches.
The irony is that nothing's more debilitating to performance than bad gut health and it's estimated 60% of athletes suffer from digestive disorders to some degree.
As an endurance athlete, there's a reason your gut is bothering you. We put tremendous stress on our gut far beyond regular people:
- Dehydration during training pulls much-needed fluid from our digestive tract
- Intense training, especially in the heat, adds considerable stress and inflammation to your gut lining
- Quick energy that's comprised of simple sugars (Iooking at you Gels and Chews) can be fuel for bad bacteria in our gut.
Gut issues also typically increase with training volume, as well as the summer heat. Often, they reach a crescendo at the most important time... right before (or during) a competition or big event.
I've certainly experienced this!
However, for the past few months, I've been using the formulation from SwissRX to help address gut issues and have seen great results personally, and even more so with some of our Elite Runners and Cyclists, we work with at The Feed.
I love this protocol because, when it comes to gut issues, there's not just one thing going on. Our gut is a whole system and, as athletes, we're pushing it in many ways and need to address it on various levels.
SwissRX created 3 products that work together as a complete Gut Health Protocol. These products are synergistic with each other and focus on
- First, ridding your gut of any build-up of bad bacteria
- Second, healing your gut lining and reducing inflammation
- Third, adding back in a diverse set of good bacteria in the form of a powerful probiotic.
The SwissRX Gut Protocol for Athletes includes:
- SwissRX Gut Health: Hunts down, binds to, and flags for disposal all manner of bad bacteria, viruses, and other toxins using a powerful Immunoglobin (IgG) that is practically identical to that used in a prescription product EnteraGam.
- Swiss RX Gut Defense: Soothes inflamed and irritated 'leaky gut' issues and strengthen the junctions between gut mucosal cells to seal up leaks and stop leaky gut syndrome.
- SwissRX Probiotic: Create and maintain a flourishing microbiome through a truly diverse and arguably one of the world's most powerful probiotic formulas which include a strain known to eliminate extremely resistant bacteria such as C. diff. H. pylori, candida, and e.coli
You can certainly try just one of the pieces of the protocol. For most athletes, we recommend at least one month on the full protocol and then you can pick and choose which products you need to use going forward.
For example, I used all 3 products for 8 weeks, now I just use the SwissRX Gut Health and SwissRX Probiotic on a daily basis.
Here are more details on each product:
SwissRX Gut Health
When taken as a dietary supplement, the patented immunoglobulin in this formula will bind to anything foreign in your intestinal tract, stop it from replicating, and flag it for disposal. Then your body will be able to easily eliminate it in your stool, cleaning up your gut so you'll finally feel better and not have to worry about all those embarrassing, painful digestive issues.
I'm a big fan of this product and it has the biggest impact for me (and those athletes I've recommended it to). I found that after 4 weeks of 4 pills per day, I was easily able to drop down to 2 pills per day as a maintenance dosage.
SwissRX Gut Defense
A pharmaceutical-grade high-dose solution to soothe inflamed and irritated 'leaky gut' issues and strengthen the junctions between gut mucosal cells to seal up leaks. The best part, all you have to do is drink a delicious Swiss Chocolate Shake once a day!
This has worked wonders to recover from bad gut problems, training in the heat, and whenever you are ramping up your training volume. The active ingredient is L. Glutamine, but in high dosage (4 grams) that mirrors the dosage used in clinical studies.
SwissRX Probiotic (and probiotic 100)
As one of the most truly diverse probiotics in the world, it includes six out of the seven different species (branches) of probiotics, providing a massive amount more diversity, nand better results than any other probiotic on the market...
Give your gut exactly what it needs to thrive and you'll be amazed by how good you can feel, whether your training, racing, or just living your everyday life...
Remember, the amount of stress endurance athletes put on their gut means the average probiotics aren't up to the task of maintaining good gut health. This is why the pros (and doctors) choose SwissRX Probiotics over all the others.
There are two versions of SwissRX Probiotic and both have the same formula of species, strains, and pre-biotics. The difference is that SwissRX Probiotic is 20 Billion CFUs and SwissRX Probiotic Rescue is over 100 Billion CFUs. SwissRX Probiotic Rescue was developed specifically for athletes during times of higher stress, like during competitions and heavy training periods.
What makes Swiss RX different?
The Swiss RX Story
The SwissRX Guarantee
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary, or exercise program, especially if you are pregnant or have any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions. See our FDA Disclaimer.