Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend
What we think
Vital Proteins has a great line of collagen products for a variety of uses. Why collagen you ask? Collagen has been on the rise in the sports nutrition realm and some of its benefits include:
- It may help improve tissue and cartilage repair (especially when taken before exercise or strength training)
- It can improve gut health, which is great for athletes to make sure they are absorbing all of the nutrients they are eating
- It contains 8 of the 9 essential amino acids, giving you the nutrients you need to recover
We love this Bone Broth Collagen product from Vital Proteins because it is crafted from USDA Organic bones that are simmered slowly to extract the maximum amount of nutrients. These bones are sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised cattle or free-range chickens, and their simple formulas are antibiotic and hormone free.
Bone broth is an awesome post-workout recovery option because it contains electrolytes to help with hydration, hyaluronic acid for soothing the stomach, collagen for tissue repair, and is a complete protein source containing all of the amino acids you need to recover. Some of the key benefits and elements of Vital Proteins' Bone Broth Collagen include:
- Efficient: One simple ingredient eliminates preparing time-consuming bone broth at home.
- Nutritious: Low sodium, MSG free, USDA organic, and rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Beneficial: helps to aid immune function, and promotes overall health and wellness.
All athletes, especially those who have experienced tendon, ligament, joint or muscle injuries, can benefit from including collagen in their daily fueling routines. This is why we love the Vital Proteins line!
HOW WE USE IT
We love this product for recovering from a long hard training session, especially on those cold winter days. It’s also great to help keep you nourished on your sick days. Simply stir one scoop into hot water, tea, or other savory beverages. You can also mix it with stews, soups, or sauces to get creative with your recipes. You can get this product in either beef or chicken flavor to fit whatever mood you’re in.