Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend
What we think
Vital Proteins has a great line of collagen products for a variety of uses. Why collagen you ask? Collagen has been on the rise in the sports nutrition realm and some of its benefits include:
- It may help improve tissue and cartilage repair (especially when taken before exercise or strength training)
- It can improve gut health, which is great for athletes to make sure they are absorbing all of the nutrients they are eating
- It contains 8 of the 9 essential amino acids, giving you the nutrients you need to recover.
- This Beauty Collagen also contains probiotics, to help keep you healthy from the inside out
Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen is a blend of bovine hide collagen peptides, hyaluronic acid, probiotics and other great flavors which help support the glow and tone of your skin. Hyaluronic acid has been shown to improve hydration of skin which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and combat damage from spending hours training in the sun. It also helps speed up wound healing, relieve joint pain, and improve gut health. Some of the other key benefits behind these fantastic products include:
- Helping to enhance skin hydration, improve skin elasticity, and maintain firm skin.
- Sugar free: No added sweeteners, fillers, or additives. (We love this!)
- Refreshing: Delicious on its own or mixed into smoothies, teas, and more
All athletes, especially those who have experienced tendon, ligament, joint or muscle injuries, can benefit from including collagen in their daily fueling routines. This is why we love the Vital Proteins line!
The Feed's Fave: Tropical Hibiscus
HOW WE USE IT
The versatility of this product is great! With a subtle flavor, it can be mixed into water, juice, smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, desserts, and more. It does not contain many carbohydrates or electrolytes, so we recommend using this product after your hard training session to help combat the stress on your body and skin, rather than before or during exercise.