What we think
What about making those intervals feel a little easier?We've gotten our hands on a new performance gel here at The Feed: LactiGo. Overall, the consensus is very positive. Our athletes are seeing results from quite impressive to subtle but still noticeable. All say they really like that the formula is non-greasy and rubs right in, leaving no mess.
How Does It Work?First, it’s important to note that LactiGo is NOT a sodium bicarb lotion, like AMP Human. It’s a gel that uses a powerful carnosine and magnesium formulation which has an instant cooling effect (that you can feel as a “tingly” sensation) on your muscles. As lactic acid builds up, leading to an increase in H+ ions, fatigue and soreness creeps in. LactiGo reduces the pain and sensations allowing you to perform at higher levels and for longer periods of time. You can also apply it after your workout to sore muscles to reduce recovery time.
- Easy to apply
- Has an obvious cooling action
- Most athletes notice at least a slight difference in power output and recovery time. Some noticed a significant difference
- Has been clinically tested in a double-blind study with significant results
- Many high-level coaches use it to increase the performance of their team
- Endorsed and supported by an impressive line up of pro athletes
- Nothing to ingest, so no risk of stomach upset
- Convenient push top applicator
- Strong menthol smell (not everyone sees this as a con, but some athletes aren’t a fan)
- The tingly, cooling sensation from the menthol can be a con if you’re sensitive to that sort of thing
Here’s our top review...“After applying LactiGo for the first time, I’m on the bike, cruising along -- pushing hard, but nothing crazy. At some point, I look down and see that I’m going 30 watts over what I assumed!! I’m basically flying but don’t even feel the burn in my legs! Not to mention, after breaking several PR’s that day, I applied some more gel post-workout after my shower. The next day I’m helping a friend move, lifting all kinds of heavy stuff while climbing up and downstairs over and over and I never once felt sore. I honestly didn’t even think about it until later. At that point, I knew it had to be the gel because after my huge training day the day before, I should have been hobbling around in a decent amount of pain but I hadn’t even had a hint of soreness! Pretty crazy stuff. I’m totally sold. Also, it isn’t a mess to apply like some other lotions. I don’t have to wear gloves or anything, just rubs right in! It’s not greasy and has a menthol smell, kind of like peppermint, but not overwhelming. I appreciate the cooling sensation from the menthol, especially to soothe fiery muscles post-workout. Long story short? It’s been added to my gym bag." - Benjamin, Feed Athlete
Here’s our bottom review...“The gel wasn’t messy at all, which was nice -- but I did not care for the tingly sensation. I found it pretty distracting. Also, I somehow got a little bit in my mouth and the taste was not good, so make sure you really rub it in and don’t leave any on your hands or your fuel's going to taste like menthol As far as performance benefit, I did not notice any huge difference in performance. I’m not saying it doesn’t work -- TBH I’m kind of lazy when it comes to using lotions and going that extra step, so it’d have to be pretty major difference for me to lube up every time I train. The difference wasn't noticeable enough for me to bother." - Cruiz, Feed Athlete
- Recover faster during and after athletic activity
- Have less pain so that you can go faster, further, and maybe even break some records
- Prevent muscle fatigue so that your athletic performance is not limited and you can crush it again tomorrow
- All this, with an easy-to-apply gel that isn’t sticky or greasy. You can apply it directly to the muscle groups you need to for targeted result.
- Includes carnosine, which plays a key role in athletic performance and recovery
- Prevents muscle fatigue
- Topical application, nothing to ingest
- Informed-sport certified
- Menthol formulation relieves muscle pain during, and after exercise, limiting your need for downtime.
Here’s The Science…
Independent Peer Reviewed Study:
The elite male soccer players who applied LactiGo topical gel experienced significant improvements in tests of maximal aerobic capacity and anaerobic work capacity. The improvements in both tests were after the first application of LactiGo topical gel.
- 5.41% ± 4.80% improvement in the Yo-Yo test
- Time to complete the all-out 1000m running tests improved by 4.13% ± 0.68%
- Proven to increase performance in athletes by up to 15% after only one application
How does LactiGo compare to topical lotions containing sodium bicarbonate?
While both products are applied like lotions, Lactigo does not sodium bicarbonate. It’s a topical formulation containing menthol, carnosine, and magnesium It’s been proven to increase performance and recovery. LactiGo is applied as a quick-drying, clear gel that leaves no sticky residue. If you have tried topical sodium bicarbonate lotions, we challenge you to please compare them, and be astonished at your results with LactiGo.
What is the consistency of LactiGo?
LactiGo is a clear gel that rubs smoothly on to the skin. It quickly dries and does not leave a sticky residue
What is the smell of LactiGo?
LactiGo has the slight smell of menthol, so it is similar to a peppermint scent.
I’ve heard it’s a huge performance benefit. Is it legal?
LactiGo has been certified to meet the requirements and standards of Informed Sport.
Active Ingredients: Menthol 1.25%.
What ingredients are in LactiGo?
Inactive Ingredients: Ethoxdiglycol, Glycerine, L-Carnosine, Magnesium Sulphate, Phenoxyethanol, Water, Xanthan Gum.
How much LactiGo should I use per workout session?
This depends on your activity. It depends a bit on the size of the athlete and the type of exercise. If you are just exercising one area of your body, then you will only need to apply LactiGo to that area; and you will just need enough LactiGo to give the area a nice coating (like sunscreen). For example, if you are playing a sport like soccer, you will only need to apply it to your legs and lower body. We recommend that cyclists use about 5 pumps per leg to ensure they are fully coated and allow for maximum absorption.
When is the best time to use LactiGo?
Most athletes like to apply LactiGo, topically, at least 45 minutes before their activity; although, some people experience its benefits within minutes. It is also recommended to apply LactiGo after your post-activity shower.
We love that LactiGo is backed by two high-quality studies and endorsed by so many coaches and elite athletes. While no supplement can replace the hours of hard work required to get good at your sport, LactiGo may provide a nice boost to your performance with its unique topical pain-relieving action that can lessen the burn, For some athletes, it makes a noticeable difference.