This recipe was originally posted by our friends at Vega. They found a way to put the nutrient packed Vega One protein powder
into a delicious brownie!
This is the ultimate fudgy brownie recipe, and you don’t even have to tell your friends it’s made without gluten, and with zucchini and Vega One (what’s up 20grams protein, 6 servings greens and 50% DV vitamins and minerals??). We certainly won’t!
- 3 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 6 pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 serving Vega One Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Dutch dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Combine ground flax, chopped dates and water in a small bowl and let sit for 1/2 hour.
- In a food processor, shred zucchini until fine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until just combined.
- Grease a 9×9 pan with coconut oil and pour in batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes for moist fudgy brownies, or 25-30 minutes for more cake-like brownies.
- Let cool 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Browse all Vega products by clicking here