This recipe comes to us from our friends at Life of Riley Foods. We recently introduced their nut butters, and haven't stopped eating them since. Turns out, Abby at Life of Riley knows a thing to two about how to cook as well! Since we're huge brussel sprout fans, we figured we'd share their recipe! Give it a shot for dinner, you won't regret it.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Honey Glaze. Serves 4.
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, cut in half and outer leaves removed
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs Life of Riley Walnut Butter
- 4 strips turkey bacon
- 1 tsp lard (or another high heat oil like avocado oil)
Optional addition: hot sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 425
2. Place the brussels sprouts in a bowl and toss in olive oil. Spread them out on a baking sheet or baking pan. Roast for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, turn them over and continue to roast for another 10 minutes, or until tender.
3. In a skillet, heat 1 tsp lard. Add the turkey bacon and cook for about 3 minutes. Then turn over and cook for another 3 minutes. Continue until the bacon is slightly crisp. Remove from skillet and set aside to cool. Once cool, break apart the turkey bacon into small bite size pieces and add it to the brussels sprouts.
5. Using a whisk, mix the honey and walnut butter in a small bowl. Lightly coat the brussels sprouts and bacon with the honey walnut butter mixture. Return the brussels sprouts to the oven for another 5 minutes.
5. Serve as a side or as a snack.