We recently added Life of Riley nut butters to the site, and they are one of our favorite product additions in 2015. You can read all about the products and flavors in this blog post.
Tree nuts are a fantastic way to add healthy fats to your diet, and Life of Riley is the perfect solution. We have been eating this stuff plain...just using a spoon like it's a pint of ice cream...but sometimes it's nice to have a recipe for more portable options!
Originally posted on the Life of Riley website, we've made this recipe twice and love these muffins as an afternoon snack. The frosting is good...but totally optional. You can skip it if you want!
Banana Almond Muffins with a Sunberry Butter Frosting:
Makes 12 muffins.
2 1/2 cups natural almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs honey
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting:
1/2 Tbs coconut butter
1/2 Tbs coconut oil
3 Tbs Life of Riley Sunberry Butter
1 Tbs maple syrup
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
1. Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners or coat generously with coconut oil.
2. Using an immersion blender or food processor blend the bananas until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, then add in the almond flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, and sea salt. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, olive oil, honey, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Pour over the banana/almond flour and mix until it's an even texture all the way through.
4. Fill the muffin liners to the top. Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. That time may vary due to altitude.
5. While the muffins are baking, prepare the frosting. In a sauce pan, melt the the coconut butter on low heat. Turn the heat off and stir in the Sunberry Butter, coconut oil and maple syrup. Set aside to cool.
6. Remove the muffins and set aside to cool. When cool, top with the Sunberry frosting.
To purchase Life of Riley products on our website, click here