Now Hiring: Lead Buyer
The Feed is looking to hire for an integral part of our team based in Boulder, Colorado. This is a chance to be an early team member of a growing company in an amazing industry. In the Lead Buyer position, our ideal candidate will be ready to keep up with a fun and fast paced start-up environment by completely owning and constantly improving the buying process across 100+ industry leading food brands. The Lead Buyer will report directly to the CEO.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Accurately order product from all vendors based on previous sales data and future partnerships and marketing initiatives.
- Manage all warehouse operations and maintain an accurate inventory.
- Track trends in consumer consumption and constantly refine and improve The Feed’s product selection.
- Develop personal relationships with suppliers and negotiate pricing agreements on an annual basis.
- Attend tradeshows and conferences to evaluate industry trends.
- Ride a razor scooter around the warehouse when you feel like it.
- Prior experience as a retail buyer in specialty retail or grocery. We're looking for a candidate with 2-4 years experience and motivation to perform like they have 10 years experience.
- Familiarity working with enterprise ordering software and data management.
- Demonstrated experience working in tandem with marketing to build and develop relationships with suppliers.
- Well developed understanding of food and sports nutrition used by athletes of any kind – endurance, strength, outdoor, etc.
- Proven ability to work independently and complete tasks independently.
This job is a full time office job, 830am – 530pm, Monday – Friday. Some light warehouse work is required, along with the ability to lift boxes that are 50 lbs or less. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time. No relocation reimbursement. No calls. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
: The Feed provides athletes with the widest selection of active nutrition and healthy snacks on the market today. We use science, our experience, and advice from pro athletes to give our customers personalized recommendations for better nutrition. Our e-commerce platform allows customers to learn about nutrition and then build a custom box for one-time or subscription purchase.