Cookies shouldn't need an introduction, but this cookie mix is a little different. This mix comes from Skratch Labs, the hydration experts and aficionados of real food like bacon, rice cakes, eggs and curry. The fact that the fine folks at Skratch Labs love real food is the primary reason they've launched their latest product:
Hang on what? If this seems like it's from left field, that is ok, we understand. Skratch Labs created this cookie mix so that you can bake your own cookies and take them with you on all of your adventures. Once you purchase this dry mix, you will need to add 1 egg, 1 stick of butter, and 1 cup of the add-ins of your choice.
We love the fact that Skratch Labs is encouraging you to bake your own cookies. Nutritionally, cookies are very similar to many energy bars but often have fewer ingredients than energy bars, making them easier to digest while you're working out.
We were lucky enough to get our hands on a few packages so that we could "test" the new mix. By "test" we mean bake a dozen and eat a dozen in next 10 minutes! In the spirit of creativity, we decided that we'd try out a Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie with the new mix. Mmmmm, bacon.
Here's our Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe (based on traditional chocolate chip cookie baking instructions):
If you're not into bacon and chocolate, check out our latest cookie recipe, Lemon Blueberry Cookie Bars!
We think Skratch has a winner on it's hands with this cookie mix. Those instructions are pretty simple, and the outcome was 14 really delicious and perfectly baked cookies that were personalized with our favorite ingredients. Go ahead and purchase a cookie mix to give it a shot for yourself, we think you'll be back to purchase a few more mixes very quickly!
- Pan fry 1 lb of your favorite bacon. Crispy bacon works best.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Skratch Labs Cookie Mix with 1 egg and 1 stick of butter. Hand mix or use a stand mixer to combine.
- Add in cooked bacon, 1 cup of chocolate chips, 1/4 maple syrup to the cookie mix.
- Scoop your cookie batter in rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (leave 1-1.5 inches of space between cookies)
- Bake for 9-14 minutes
- Cool completely before eating. (ha ha yeah right, but seriously don't burn yourself)