Life is busy. Fact. It’s hard to always make great decisions when it comes to food. Fact. But if you can make those decisions easier, with having amazing on-the-go food, that also tastes good while being good for you, having a busy life, can be a lot more nutritious.
Here is The Feed Guide to Action Snacks: On-the-go nutrition options that keep you satiated, satisfied and can be made in a hurry.
1. Try to graze all day long, rather than waiting to stuff your face. Our go-to grazing food: All Good Provisions nuts, or Dick Stevens Jerky Mix. With 28grams of protein per bag coming from jerky and nuts like sunflower, walnuts, macadamia and more -- Dick Stevens’ emphasis on protein means it will keep you fuller, longer. Plus Dick Stevens Jerky Mix blends the juiciest dried cranberries, goji berries, pineapple and more to create an eclectic blend that won’t let your palate down.
2. Indulge with foods that will fill you up: Things like Chocolate Barnana’s don’t just give you that chocolate treat, but they also provide a good source of potassium, fiber, and other immune system boosting vitamins and minerals.
3. Replace a meal that could get nutritionally dangerous (i.e., fries), with a super nutrient rich shake. Our go-to recipe is combining a packed of Pure Clean Beet Powder with a Vega Protein Smoothie (we prefer the Vanilla or Chocolate flavors). If you need a bit more calories, add a packet of Justin’s Maple Almond Butter. Then shake shake shake and you’ll have a nutrient rich, protein heavy shake that should be able to sustain you through dinner.
4. Drink all day long. ABH… always be hydrating. It’s crazy how often people mistake hunger for thirst. Drink water, drink electrolyte enhanced water. We prefer using low or zero calorie hydration throughout the day. This means find your favorite Nuun flavor - the cola flavor is a good way to kick that soda habit, or for a super awesome flavor, mix the Iced Tea nuun with a Lemonade flavored Nuun and serve yourself up an Arnold Palmer.
5. Lots of sugar isn't good for sustained snacking. Sugar is a type of carbs. All carbs are not created equal. Foods rich in carbs that come from fiber will keep you fuller than carbs that come from sugar. For grazing, look for fiber rich foods, or low sugar. Things like Kind Bars and Lara Bars.
6. Ration. While EnduroBites have a whopping 400 calories, they are divided up into four 100 calorie bites. Know how much you’re eating, and make sure you’re drinking to aid the digestion of the food. Again, often time we eat when we’re really thirsty. So take it slow, and drink between bites.